Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance

You’ve got a nice new place to call home, so make sure you protect your belongings with Contents Insurance.

Contents Insurance is designed to protect your possessions should you ever fall victim to theft, fire or flood damage.

When it comes to defining your ‘contents’ these are the things that could be taken with you if you ever decided to move to a new house. This type of policy includes possessions like:

  • Furniture – beds, wardrobes, dining tables, chairs and sofas
  • Entertainment – DVDs, board games and books
  • Kitchenware – pots, pans, cutlery and kettles
  • Soft furnishings – bedding, curtains and rugs
  • Electricals – TVs, DVD players, laptops and computers
  • Clothes and jewellery

It also includes all your ‘stuff’ you’ve got hidden in the attic like Christmas decorations or that old treadmill you’ve thrown in the garage.

Unlike Buildings Insurance, Contents Insurance isn’t compulsory. But we strongly recommend that you take it out because replacing your contents without cover can be costly.

Level of cover

At Mortgage Confidence we work with you to help assess the level of cover you need including any high risk or high value items which need to be insured.

It can seem like a daunting task but it’s worth getting an accurate idea of how much everything in your home is worth because you wouldn’t want to find yourself under insured. This can lead to claims not paying out in full.

At Mortgage Confidence, we provide all our Contents Insurance policies through PaymentShield. This is one of the UK’s leading insurance administrators and distributors. Plus, any insurances you buy will be 5-star defaqto-rated. This means it’s the most suitable product available for you and your circumstances.

We also offer additional cover for possessions outside of the home too including legal expenses cover and home emergency cover.